Wednesday 28 March 2012

A non-eventful day

Dear Jack

I was very worried that you'd wake up in a lot of pain from the bone marrow aspirate, so I stayed half awake all night, ready to ask the nurses for pain relief immediately. Surprisingly though, you felt pretty good all day.

Soon you remembered the annoying iPad, which drove me mad.

Your blood test this morning didn't go well at all. You screamed so much they had to take you to the treatment room. Eventually they managed to do the test and the nurse was so unbelievably quick I doubt you felt anything at all.

Back in the room we decorated easter eggs together and had a wonderful time. I really enjoyed sitting on the bed with you and showing off our colouring-in to each other.

We got a visit from two crazy Clown Doctors. You thought they were very funny.

Around lunch time, dad arrived. We also got a visit from Cindy and Thierry, who brought a lot of food for the girls and me, and two bottles of wine for me.

The ladies from the Starlight Express Room came to do face painting.
Unfortunately, your blood levels were down a lot today.

I went home shortly after lunch and dad stayed with you.

Love
Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment